Do you struggle finding recipes that your family will love? Are you scrambling at meal time wondering what you are going to serve?
Meal planning is hard. It is a commitment that takes time and we all know that we are running short on time most days. The fact is though, meal planning has real benefits. When you meal plan, you tend to save money, have more time and eat healthier. Does any of that appealing to you?
I am an avid meal planner. I do it faithfully every week, and I have been for years -- even before I had a family.
Here's how I go about it...
1. I look ahead so I know what our weeks look like. What activities do we have each night? What meetings might my husband or I have.
2. Decide what nights we need quick meals or ones that can take a little bit more time to prepare. Though truth be told -- I like all my meals to be quick!
3. What can I cook that can taken for lunches the next day? Cook once, eat twice!
4. Are there any special events going on that I need to cook for?
5. Are there any new recipes that I would like to try (you might want to save these for the weekend?
Once I have that all figured out, I start to make my list. I do try to create variety in the week but we do have staple meals (yup...Tacos on Tuesday's) that we have every week!
Make meals as simple as possible -- sometimes 3 items is all you need.
Protein, Vegetable (green) and Starch (try to do root veggies as much as possible)
Play around with different spice blends to change up the flavors.
To help you get started, I have created a couple of different pages on my website.
This one has a variety of recipes for you to try. And this one has some sample meal plans for you to try.
Life is busy! Let's try to simplify! Let's get you cooking!